All student learning is based on rigorous assessment data that informs teachers of a student’s entry point to the learning.
A variety of assessment tools are utilised including formal system based assessment and school based assessments.
Assessment and reporting are essential components that inform the planning of learning and teaching. The aims of assessment and reporting are:
- to inform and improve student learning
- to establish student’s prior knowledge and establish new learning goals
- to provide data for teachers to analyse where individual students require support or extension
- to provide clear communication with parents/caregivers of their child’s achievements and learning goals
Reporting at Sacred Heart School to our parents and community includes:
- formal A-E reporting twice a year
- Informal parent/teacher chats and a formal parent/teacher interview
- Naplan results distributed to parents.
- Annual Report to the School Community via the School’s Website
- Data provided to the Catholic Education Office throughout the year about student achievement