Parents are welcome to participate in all aspects of the school with the main support coming through the School Education Board, Fundraising Group and individual contributions in the classrooms, on excursions or for special school events.
Participation in the various parent and school community committees provide an opportunity for parents to contribute to and become involved in the schooling of their children.
Sacred Heart parents are involved in the following committees:
School Education Board – open to all parents of the school community.
- to act as an advisory body to the parish priest and principal, on matters concerning education in the parish
- to act as a forum for discussion on matters concerning education in the parish primary school
- to provide a link between the parish priest, principal, teachers and parishioners in relation to the provision of Catholic education in the parish community
- to promote community development by fostering a strong interrelationship between parish and the parish primary school, Catholic secondary colleges and pre-schools
Fundraising – open to all members of the school community.
- to promote family and community life within the school
- to assist in the provision of amenities through fundraising
- to assist in the conduct of functions and activities within the school
- to provide an opportunity for social contact between parents, friends and students of the school